вторник, 30 август 2022 г.

Special guest - Sarah Reader Harris, Belgium


Not in my name the deeds you say I claim.

I am a God without a kingdom,

no church, no mosque, no synagogue.

I do not issue rules or regulations,

promise neither heaven nor hell.

Absent in the speeches and the rhetoric,

I am with you only when you wish each other well.


I will not force your hand, invade your thoughts 

but wait for you to look for me.

I do not ask you to be good,

to be better, to be best.

I only ask if you love me,

disregard the rest.


Tonight I seek an open door,

a face that doesn’t turn away.

I am the stranger looking for a place to stay.

Do not be afraid to let me in.


                 

♦️♦️♦️

We lose our leaves and shiver towards Christmas, 

bare and unprepared. Death is always just around the corner.

Bones turn to stone but raspberries keep on ripening.

The pear tree knows that life’s a gift.

The more it gives the more it grows.


Raise your eyes to granite skies,

the goose our winter guest has come to

grace our shores. A chance to open doors,

come in and eat with us make all things new.

Embrace the stranger sitting next to you.


Something slight and tender

slips in with the night 

and turns to light.

Seeking space, 

a dwelling place,

      what you let in is your life.

🕊🕊🕊                         


Words

like birds

fly south

seek warmer land

language we can understand.


A virus stole our breath

blowing us apart

tainting all we touch.


Breathe on us wild wind

place your mouth on ours

allay our fears.


Look up and see a flock of geese

in flawless symmetry

every feather counts.


Let air

like prayer

enfold us

bring us

home.



                            Sarah Reader Harris




Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар

The Muse with You - magazine for poetry and art. * Списание за поезия и арт.

Две плачещи върби - Деси Цветкова