вторник, 11 април 2023 г.

Before the Sun by Peter Rimmer, New Zealand

 AURORA


One step 

Two steps

Giant strides

One step to the moon

Two steps Mars

One great leap

To ride the stars.


It's cold out here

Amongst the stars

A silver sickle moon

Hooked on you

I'll reel in the night

Savor the stars another day.


Diamonds smoked glass lightless skies

One step 

Two steps

See's me beside you

Aurora you are a witchlight sky

An ocean drowns me

In your eyes.


(c) Copyright Peter Rimmer 2023.


***


BEFORE THE SUN GOES DOWN


I dreamed these dreams

When I was young

Of forever love

Relationships that grow in strength

And never fail

I believed in fairy tales

Life's just not like that

I know.


Oh yes I believe in love

I believe it still

It's complicated a tricky show

It comes and goes

Nothing is forever

Nothing ever was or is

I know.


When I was young

This complex world

Seemed so simple

One day I'd fall in love

Raise some kids

And yes I did

Though that wasn't as I expected it to be

This I know now

I wish I knew it then.


I dreamed these dreams

When I was young

The summers seemed to never end

Yet winter came and stole the show

Nothing lasts

Is what I've learned

Still these dreams haunt me

They haunt me still.


I'm running out of time

This time around

Will there be another

Who can know

But maybe there's still a little loving

To be found

Before the sun goes down

I don't know

Is what I know.


(c) Copyright Peter Rimmer 2023




Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар

The Muse with You - magazine for poetry and art. * Списание за поезия и арт.

Две плачещи върби - Деси Цветкова