понеделник, 7 март 2022 г.

Two poems by Brian Berryman, USA

All the world's a stage... and it's emptier today.

 

The artists I grew up with
Are leaving one by one
It hurts me as they depart the stage
I guess that's what happens
As the years go flying by
And life turns over another page
They leave us with a wealth
Of words arranged as song
Played for us over the airwaves
But it really crushes me
When I wake up to see
Another one has gone on to their grave
Then one day that special one
Has to say goodbye
Because it's their turn to leave the stage
And I sit here in disbelief
Trying hard to hide my grief
But it washes over me in waves

Brian Berryman
 
 
🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁 

 
It was you all along
You held the only true key
To my Heart and my Soul
There were parts of me
That were empty my whole life
Closed off
Roped off
Chained off
Others had been to the door
Perhaps peered through the keyhole
To what laid beyond
But were never able to access Me
Because they weren't meant to
Those parts of Me were meant for One
You
All the barriers to those places
Vanished at your gentle touch
And as you found them
And filled them with your Light
And your Love
I found Me as well
Those parts of Me
That not even I understood
Because they were meant for One
You
It was you all along

Brian Berryman 
 


 

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар

The Muse with You - magazine for poetry and art. * Списание за поезия и арт.

Две плачещи върби - Деси Цветкова